Municipal court sessions are suspended until Monday, April 27, 2020 in order to mitigate public exposure to COVID-19.
For this extended period, individuals scheduled to appear before the municipal court to contest a traffic or parking ticket, a minor local ordinance violation, or other matter should instead await notice of a new court date.
Defendants may continue to make payments for parking and traffic matters through the municipal court’s online payment website at NJMCdirect.com.
Due to the municipal court building being officially closed, no in-person payments can be accepted at the court window.
Defendants may also continue to mail in payments but be advised that court staff may have limited access to the court office to process those payments.
For updated information, visit the New Jersey Judiciary’s website at www.njcourts.gov.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this difficult time.
Agency seeks to protect police officers and the public by limiting exposure to CoronavirusAgency seeks to protect police officers and the public by limiting exposure to Coronavirus
In rapid response to the Coronavirus public health crisis, over the weekend the Elmwood Park Police Department quickly implemented a new online reporting system to help keep their officers, and the public, safer.
Called the Citizen Online Reporting System ("CORES"), the new web portal at www.elmwoodparkpd.com gives residents the ability to do online filing of certain criminal incident reports, property check requests, and alarm system registrations.
This section of the website provides easy access to two different content areas: 1) POSTS and notices about the current COVID-19 Coronavirus public health emergency, and 2) DOWNLOADS relating to Coronavirus.
This is to advise of a future vacancy for the above referenced part-time position in the Elmwood Park Police Department. A Police Communications Dispatcher is responsible for receiving and transmitting pure and reliable messages, and recording other important information. They receive calls from individuals who need assistance from first responders. Once information is obtained from the caller, dispatchers activate the services necessary to respond to the nature of the call for help.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Interested candidates must possess the ability to perform all duties by the Police Department such as but not limited to:
* Answering all incoming calls, administrative as well as emergency, and soliciting essential information from callers in order to appropriately handle each call.
* Dispatching, coordinating, and monitoring radio communications for Officers, other law enforcement, emergency situations, and/or public safety personnel.
* Monitoring officer status, to include periodic checks on field personnel.
* Accessing information from and disseminating information to local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies via the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
* Receiving and responding to alarms programmed to call this agency.
* Obtaining and providing information needed by field personnel.
* Candidates shall possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license. Candidates must possess Basic Telecommunication and 911 Officer and Emergency Medical Dispatch certifications.
* Candidates will be required to work at least 25 to 29 hours per week. The candidate may be required to work a variety of flexible hours between 7am 7pm depending on the needs of the agency. This includes weekdays, weekends and holidays.
* Candidates must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
* The right candidate is highly motivated, well organized self-directed professional who embraces new challenges and collaborates well with team members, accepts responsibility and sees assignments to completion; exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate will be privy to highly confidential matters and transactions and must display the utmost discretion and professionalism.
* Ability to understand and follow complex instructions, manage multiple tasks and work effectively under stress and with interruptions, within deadlines and with change in work priority.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: