Health Officer: Bergen County Health Officer Hansel Asmar
Registrar: Shanee Morris, CMR
Address: Municipal Building, 182 Market Street, Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
Phone: 201-796-1457 x604
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-4:00pm
The Elmwood Park Health Department has entered into a Shared Service with the Bergen County Department of Health.
The Health Department provides numerous services for residents.
- Maintenance of vital statistics records and Registrar services. This includes birth, marriage and death certificates, burial permits, marriage licenses.
- Animal bite investigations and community rabies control activities
- Dog and cat licensing
- Free rabies vaccinations in May and November
- Flu immunizations for adults
- Inspection of restaurants, cafeterias, food markets
- Mosquito control
For more information on these or other programs offered by the Health Department, call 201-796-1457 Ext. 604.
In the event of a poison emergency, you can call the NJ Poison Control Hotline: 1-800-222-1222.
Dog & Cat Licensing and Waste Removal
- All Elmwood Park dogs and cats must have a current pet license and current rabies immunizations.
- Puppies and kittens need a municipal license beginning at 6 months old. Late fees will apply beginning February 1st.
- Remember to clean up after your dog and dispose of the waste.
- You must carry a container to pick up waste.
- A summons will be issued for failing to do so.
Health Department Downloads
Where in Elmwood Park is it?
182 Market Street, Elmwood Park, NJ