Borough of Elmwood Park
182 Market Street
Elmwood Park, New Jersey 07407
The Elmwood Park Tax Sale will be held on March 28, 2017
at 10:00 A.M. in the Municipal Building;
All Persons must be pre-Registered to be eligible to bid.
To request information concerning the sale and a Registration form
Interested parties may contact the Tax Collector at
Return the Registration form to me via email in the
original Excel format to enter your registration.
Once the Advertisement has been published in the Record
A copy of the Property Listing
will be available on this website
A copy of the prospective sale items, updated weekly will be sent to Registered Bidders; below is a Fact Sheet and a copy of the procedures for conducting this Sale.
Frank J. Santora; C.T.C.
In Answer to your inquiry Municipality Elmwood Park Borough
Collector’s Name Frank J Santora
Office Location/Mailing Address 182 Market St
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
Office Hours: Mon-Fri
9:00AM – 4:00PM
Tax Sale March 28, 2017 10:00AM
Calendar or Fiscal Calendar Standard Sale
6% Year End Penalty NO
Advertised in The Bergen Record
Other charges in Sale None
Priors in Current Sale Will announce at sale
Method of Payment Accepted Certified Check, Money Order,
NO WIRE TRANSFERS
Large amounts of cash will not be accepted
Cash will only be accepted to complete payments of amounts under $100.00
EXAMPLE LIEN SOLD 5,385.17
CERTIFIED CKS 5,300.00
I have provided all information concerning My Tax Sale
Have you provided all of your contact information?
If not, PLEASE do so.
In addition, I would prefer that successful Lien purchasers use the Lien Bidder’s information form that I provide when tendering payment. It contains the required Notice of Disclosure and presents Purchaser information in a uniform manner, thereby maximizing efficiency and reducing the prospect of errors
Elmwood Park Tax Sale 2017
This is a Registered Sale. If you are not Registered by Noon, March 23, 2017
You will not be allowed to bid.
* Please turn off or make silent all Cell Phones, Beepers, etc. NOW
* Bids will be accepted from all responsible parties. Bids are to be received in percentages starting at 18% per annum and work downward to 0 %. All bids are to be in full percentage points only, fractional bids will not be accepted.
* Items with prior liens will be announced. You may bid on items with existing liens.
* Should the bid reach 0 %, Premium bids will start at $100.00 and increase in $100.00 increments until the lien on the property is sold.
* Notation will be made of bidders’ names & bids at the striking of each property.
Winning Bidders: Hold up the folder bearing their names at the end of each bid.
* Items not bid on will be sold & struck to the Municipality at 18%
* After all properties have been announced and sold, the sale will be recessed until after settlement. Successful bidders will proceed to the Tax office for settlement.
* The collector will calculate the amounts owed by the respective bidders
* Payment must be in guaranteed funds, Certified Check or Money Order only, unless prior arrangements have been made. We do not accept Wire Transfers
Separate checks are required for Premiums.
Cash will NOT be accepted. There are 4 Major Banks in the area
CHASE, WELLS FARGO, TD BANK & BANK OF AMERICA
* If any properties are not settled by 1:00PM, the Sale will be Continued.
If you wish to be included in the continuation, leave contact info with collector
* Successful bidders failing to complete purchase will be banned from future sales.
* The Tax Collector reserves the right to adjourn the sale of any individual piece of property from day to day or from week to week in accordance with New Jersey Statutes.
* If you do not fully understand these proceedings, do not bid or comment during the sale.
* Order shall be maintained throughout the proceedings, The Tax Collector has the right to have removed from the room any person or persons who are, in the collector’s opinion, disruptive or unable to comply with the directions pertaining to the conduct of the sale. Anyone deemed to be disturbing this proceeding will be removed at the discretion of the Tax Collector.