Free Blood Pressure Clinic and Health Consultation
The Adult Health Consultation program will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, starting date TBA.
- 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM at the Elmwood Park Senior Center located on Market Street and Boulevard.
- You will have an individual appointment with our Nurse.
- No appointments are necessary. Walk- in.
- The program is open to all adults over the age of 18.
- Residents of Elmwood Park and Lodi are welcome to participate.
- Membership is not required at the Senior Center.
For further information, please call (551) 996-2038.
Dog & Cat Licenses
All Elmwood Park dogs and cats over 6 months old must be currently licensed by the Health Department for the current year The owners of dogs and cats found to be unlicensed will be issued summonses.
Retail Food Establishments
NJ State Sanitary Code requires all persons in charge of a food establishment to obtain a Manager's Food Handler Certificate. Elmwood Park ordinance requires all full-time and all part-time employees to have a basic food handler certificate.
Other Health Department Activities
- Dog and cat licensing (January every year)
- Stray animal control including kennel facilities; Animal Control Services are provided contractually with Bergen County Animal Shelter & Adoption Center, Teterboro, NJH 201-229-4600.
- Rabies immunization clinics for dogs and cats - date TBD
- Communicable disease investigation
- Illness outbreak investigation
- Adult health counseling (3rd Tuesdays, 9am-11am)
- Blood pressure screening, nutrition information
- Tuberculosis control
- Testing, contact investigation
- Environmental lead investigations
- Cancer counseling services
- Cervical, breast, prostate, skin
- Audits of school immunization records
- Health promotion/education services
- Poison and injury prevention, alcohol and drug abuse, tobacco use and prevention, nutrition, AIDS, disease prevention, public events
- Inspections of youth camps
- Inspections of restaurants, cafeterias and food markets
- Inspections of pet shops
- Inspection of beauty salons, nail salons, and barber shops
- Enforcement of housing codes concerning heat and hot water
- Enforcement of public health nuisance and environmental protection codes
- Control of vermin, noxious weeds, animal nuisances, solid waste, water pollution, air pollution, noise, hazardous materials and hazardous waste
- Community health planning
- Bioterrorism and all hazards preparedness, planning and response
Health Department Downloads
Where in Elmwood Park is it?
182 Market Street, Elmwood Park, NJ